School started on August 27th this year, it started early! It was hard to swallow the fact that my oldest child was now in grade 2! On the first day of school I took her to school and waited with her until it was time for her to go in. I think she was feeling a bit nervous cuz she did start to cry just after the bell rang. When her teacher was calling all the children she noticed that Petra was crying so she looked at me and asked if she was okay and I told her that she will be, she is nervous and shy and once she gets in to school she should be okay so her teacher turned to her, extended her arm and said “you can come with me and be my helper today”. She totally took Petra under her wing and away they went. Petra had no problems after that. The very second day of school, Petra didn't want me to wait for her, she asked me to just drop her off and go. Wow...I was shocked. Petra loves school though. Ms. Rhea, Petra's teacher totally loves Petra and she has told me she wishes she could have 25 more of her. She said Petra does very well in school. Petra was very excited when she found out that Ms. Rhea is LDS and goes to the same church house we do. (when we go).
Adrianah started pre-school but she didn't start until September 11 I believe.
She gets to go to school with one of her good firends and she likes that.
She is loving school. When I take her to school she is always saying hi to the other kids when we are walking to the doors she goes in, I am amazed at how well she knows the names of the kids, when she says hi she actually uses their names “hi Ainsley” or whoever it is. Today she is going on a field trip to a farm, she is taking Oma and Opa with her and is really looking forward to going.
I am not sure that there is really anything else that I need to say to catch up on. I think all the big stuff mostly happened in July and some in August. I will write more if I think of anything that I have left out.

No comments:
Post a Comment