A conversation that went on between Adrianah, Petra and myself a few days ago went something like this:
A: Dod (translation, God) lives in the sky
M: Well, yes, He lives in Heaven which is sort of in the sky
A: I want to see Him
M: Well, you will get to see Him someday...
A: When?
M: When you die you will go live with Him
A: When will I die?
M: Some day. No one knows when they are going to die. Everyone dies at some point but we don't know when.....
A: I want to die.
My heart sunk....that's the last thing that a mother wants to hear her child say!
M: Why do you want to die?
A: So I can see Dod and live with Him and talk to Him.
P: You can talk to him, just say your prayers and you will talk to him, and can feel him sometimes.
I don't remember what Adrianah's comments to that were. That was pretty well the end of the conversation. It made me smile. And apparently the other day (after this conversation) i guess she had a similar conversation with Oma.
She seems to still be stuck on seeing God and whatnot because today we had a very brief conversation again about where He lives, Adrianah made a comment that she wanted to go in a rocket ship because the rocket ships go way up in the sky and she would be able to see Dod then. I told her that you couldn't see God just by going in a rocket ship. She asked if He lives on a cloud. I told her no, He lives in Heaven. She asked "well then how do you see him?" I said, "well, you would have to die, when people die, they go to Heaven and see God then" she said "oh" but I can tell she is still contemplating it...we will see when the next conversation about God is and exactly what it will be about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment