Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Something in the air?

When Wildor came upstairs this morning to check his email and read after getting ready for work, I was cuddled up to him and I just couldn't sleep and I said "why can't I sleep?" and he said "Maybe it is the same reason I couldn't sleep" (whatever that reason is) and it wasn't long before I heard one of the girls in the bathroom. When Adrianah came out, she was upset because she wanted her music on and so I just called to her to have her come in to my bedroom and lay in bed with me for a bit. When Wildor was putting his belt on and gathering his "hardware" to leave for work Adrianah whispered to him "Daddy, I have a secret" and daddy said "do you!?" Adrianah replied with "yes I have two and I am not going to tell you or anyone" I then asked her who told her the secrets and she said "you did" and so I asked her "well then are you going to tell me since they are my secrets?" and she said "I will tell you on Sunday. What day is it today?" and I said "Tuesday" and after thinking for a minute she said "I will tell you on Thursday". We were all up before 7 this morning, it is pretty annoying! I know that I am going to be tired a bit later today and well I just can't take a nap during the day or I can't sleep at night. In fact, it is only 8:30 and I am already feeling tired.
As I said in my last blog, Petra loves school and doesn't like it when I suggest that she stay home and rest, well this morning after she ate her breakfast she came upstairs to tell me that her stomach is really upset and she feels like she needs to throw up, so I told her that if she is feeling that way she should probably stay home. I told her that I have to work so if she went to school I couldn't come get her but if she thought she needed to stay home I would call work and tell them I can't come in, she quickly decided that she would go to school. All of a sudden she was feeling better. Funny how that works!
I mentioned Adrianah with her secret thing, well I am not sure where she got it but is into this "I have a secret" or "shhh its a secret" thing. The other night when I sent them to bed, it was quite a bit later then they normally go to bed and we had just read a story. Anyway Adrianah asked if she could read a book in bed and I told her no because it is past bed time and we just read. When I went up a few minutes later to check on them and make sure they were all tucked in and everything Adrianah was sitting up in her bed and she had her hand over a small mound of blanket so I went in to her room and went up to her and asked her what she had under the blanket and holding one hand over the blanket/mound and putting a finger up to her mouth, she said "shhh its a secret", it took all I had to not burst out laughing! After taking a few breaths, making sure not to laugh I probed a bit more and moved the blanket to find a book. The little stinker! She wasn't to happy when I took the book away from her and told her to just lay down and get to sleep.
As I am typing this up Adrianah informs me that she is only going to tell Aleksia and Auntie her secrets today. She is quite the character! I can only imagine what she will be like in a couple of years, and heaven forbid as a teenager!
Anyway I better peel myself away from the computer and try to get a couple of things done before I have to leave to go to work.

1 comment:

  1. man it would be hard to get upset at anyone for wanting to read! LOL

    ReplyDelete