I decided that I would attempt doing this blogging thing, and try to keep people more up to date and whatnot so we will see how this goes.
Maybe I should start with giving a brief update about us. Wildor is doing well with his work, for the most part he enjoys his job and likes what he does. I don't think his boss could really get by without Wildor! On occasion Wildor's boss will call him after Wildor is already home in the day and sometimes on the weekend to ask different questions about the different projects or where to find something on the computer. His job is pretty secure.
I am just working 8 hours a week at 7-11, more or less to get out of the house and also to bring in a little bit extra money. I was working in the evening but it was just to hard on the family for me to be out in the evenings so I now work during the day, my friend drops me off at work and watches Adrianah while I work, its nice to not have to pay someone to watch her! I enjoy what I do and the people that I work with. I am also involved with the Girl Guides and we meet every Wednesday evening besides doing different camps throughout the year (September-May). I am in the guide unit which is girls that are 9-11 years old. We have a total of about 24 girls in our unit. There are 8 girls and 4 adults (that includes myself) from our unit that are fundraising to go to Prince Edward Island for a week in July. I am looking forward to that! Hopefully we will be able to raise the money that we need!
Petra is in grade one and she loves it! It amazes me everyday how well she can read! She doesn't like to miss school at all and I hope that attitude stays with her! She is a very good big sister and helps me out quite a bit with doing things for Adrianah if needed. I can't believe that she is going to be 7 in April! Where did the time go!?
Adrianah is growing way to fast! I can't believe that my baby is going to be 4 at the end of March! Almost makes me cry to think about the fact that she is going to be starting preschool in September. It still amazes me how different Adrianah is from her sister! I never really believed the people when they said that siblings are like night and day until I had kids of my own. Petra has always been so laid back and relaxed and generally quiet. Adrianah on the other hand, is constantly on the go and I don't think that her mouth ever stops moving. My mom has mentioned that Adrianah looks exactly like how I looked like at that age. I have always heard the statement "mothers revenge" man oh man, I guess this is it, I guess I have no one else to blame but myself for the attitude that my child has, bummer! I find it interesting that when I am talking to my mother-in-law and tell her the different things Petra does/did she nods and says "yep, that is Wildor EXACTLY! that's exactly what he did and how he was" and you can tell that Petra is his child, she looks like him! So now whenever he mentions a frustration or something that he has with something she did I look at him and just smile. Because I remind him often that his mom tells me that is what he used to do. We have one each of our own. Hmm sometimes I wonder if there was a third who that child would look like and how they would act. If Adrianah acts how I did, I really don't look forward to when she is a teenager!
The other day we were getting ready to take the kids out to dinner (something we need to try to do more often) Adrianah was getting her coat and shoes on and it looked like she was holding something in her hand so I asked her what it is and she opened her hand and showed me, it was the end of her fingernail (I should have cut them a while ago and didn't so she pulled it off) and I asked her to give it to me and she said "I want to keep it" I asked her why she wanted to keep it and she said "I want to give it to the fingernail fairy". I then had to be the person with the bad news and tell her that there is no such thing as the fingernail fairy. She was quite let down and sad when I told her that. The next day Adrianah asked me "am I going to get a loose tooth soon?" again, having to be the bearer of potentially bad news, I told her that Petra was 6 before she got her first loose tooth so she will probably have to wait a couple more years before she gets a loose tooth. She then told me that she really wants the tooth fairy to come. Poor girl, sees her older sister get "so much" and she gets nothing. Its so hard being a kid! Especially being the younger sister and not getting to play with your older sister and her friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment